Who am I?
Hello! I am Jade Young. I graduated from The University of Southern Mississippi with my bachelor’s degree in Deaf Education and a mathematics endorsement. Since I began working at MSD, I have had the opportunity to work in multiple departments. I have worked in the SKI*HI program and taught 4th-6th grade math. I am currently teaching 6th-12th grade math. I love teaching and enjoy working with my students and their families!
Need some reminders?
With each class, I will use a messaging system called "Remind." Remind is a free, safe, and simple messaging tool that helps teachers share important updates and reminders with students & parents. Subscribe by text, email or using the Remind app. All personal information is kept private. Teachers will never see your phone number, nor will you see theirs.
To get the same reminders as your students, please join your student’s class.
What's happening in the classroom?
In order for our math classes to be the most positive and productive learning environment, it is necessary that all students follow classroom expectations. These expectations serve as a contract between the teacher and students. However, accommodations and modifications outlined in the students IEPs supersede all course policies.
- I will be in my seat when the bell rings.
- I will come to class prepared with all needed materials.
- I will respect my teacher and classmates.
- I will work hard and do my best on every assignment.
- I will turn my work in on time.
- I will only use a pencil.
- After you enter the classroom, place your homework in the box on the table.
- If a student does not turn in an assignment on time, then he/she will sign a paper stating the assignment was not completed and he/she is earning a grade of 0.
- Sharpen your pencil before the bell rings.
- Sit down and get your book and binder out ready for class.
How much is it worth?
Grading Policy: MSD student handbook grading policy will be followed:
10% - Homework
20% - Classwork
25% - Tests
20% - Projects
15% - Quizzes
10% - Participation
What supplies does your student need?
Here is a list of supplies for our classroom.
- Pack of pencils-mechanical are fine
- Multicolored highlighters
- 2 packs of index cards-these are used for vocabulary words
- 2 in. binder for Math only
- Box of Kleenex
- Color pencils
- 1 in. binder for math lists
Want to contact me?
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 601.984.8000.