Dear Parents and Guardians:
Welcome to a new school year! I am very excited for all the activities that I have planned for this year! This is my 19th year of teaching. I have taught at MSD, Texas School for the Deaf, and Reagan High School in Austin, TX.
I have certification in Hearing Impaired K-12, Social Studies 7-12, and Economics. I have a Master Teacher of Economics certification through the Mississippi Council on Economics Education. I partner with the Mississippi Department of Archives and I am on their TAG board.
I have been married for 18 years to Steve Hartling and have two wonderful, beautiful daughters Allyson (15) Shea (13).
Thank you for allowing your child to be in my class.
In order for our history class to be the most positive and productive learning environment, it is necessary that all students follow classroom expectations.
Rules and Expectations:
- I will be in my seat when the bell rings.
- I will come to class prepared with all needed materials.
- I will respect my teacher and classmates.
- I will work hard and do my best on every assignment.
- I will turn my work in on time.
There will be no 2nd chances on tests, quizzes, classwork, OR homework. This syllabus serves as a contract between the classroom teacher and students enrolled in this course. However, accommodations and modifications outlined in student IEPs supercede all course policies.
- After you enter the classroom, place your homework in the box on the table.
- Sharpen your pencil before the bell rings.
- Sit down and get your binder and book our ready for class.
Detentions: will be given during lunch time or afterschool
- Every 3 times a zero is received for homework.
- Excessive talking or talking after a test.
- Being disrespectful to the teacher or other classmates.
- Working on assignments from other classes without permission.
- Not following instructions.
- Wasting time.
Grading Policy: MSD student handbook grading policy will be followed:
Please click on the following link to find out what we will being doing in class:
9th Grade: Mississippi Studies/World Geography
10th Grade- World History
11th Grade- U.S History
12th Grade: U.S. Government/Economics